Saturday, August 2, 2008

Slides and Waves

We took a trip to the beach with our friends and neighbors. We first started off by going to the waterslide down on by Crystal Beach. The kids had a blast. We stayed for about 3 hours watersliding and going on the little lazy river, (and believe me it was lazy). My friend Brandi lived in Winnie, so she showed us this place and wanted to take us to Mama Theresa flying pizza, however they did not open in time for lunch. We went to their other favorite hangout called Stingree which is on the bayside! We watched some barges come through and ate awesome food! Next we took the ferry across to Galveston (I love riding the ferry!) and we saw some dolphins having fun in the water. We took a quick pitstop to the seawall so the kids could splash in the waves and collect some seashells. I wonder why kids pick up little broken pieces instead of the big ones? I have a bag full of little shells, and broken bits!Even though they had the warnings up about the high levels of bacteria I decided we were not there to drink the water it would be okay! (Geez imagine all the bacteria that could have been there when we were kids). The funny part is that Brandi's son Clay came up to us really worried because there was a spot "that was missing hair on his leg!" We joked that the 'redtide' ate it away! All in all we had a great day~I came back with my face looking like a lobster, which was understandable because I did not put sunscreen on it. But the weirdest thing is my legs came back a bit burnt. Which I did spray and they were in complete shade the whole day.! Well, below I posted just a few of our pictures from the day at the beach!

4 comments:

Golfersfamily said...

Looks like it was a great time - it would have been even more fun if you had invited some others to go........ just kidding! The girls are so sweet with their arms around eachother.

geraldandmeganlove said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!

Erickson's said...

OH MY HECK!
i finally got a clue and looked on my blog and saw your blog address! just a little slow that's all!
Keep it up it looks awesome i can't wait to keep up with you guys! i miss you guys like crazy and hopefully we'll see you next summer:)
amy

SweetmamaK said...

I love the Lazy River- I've never been to Crystal Beach!