Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Texas Snow

DISCLAIMER: Texas definition of snow: Cold, wet, flurries, sleet, basically our rainy day at 31 degrees~! For my non Texas readers this is it in over 9 years!! The last time we saw any "snow flurries" was about 4 years ago and it did NOT stick to the ground! So as I am surely cursing the nasty weather all day long, I thought to myself heck if it gets any colder (at the time it was 38 degrees) it can possibly make sleet hince snow flurries. At about 6pm today it started to sleet and as we were ALL excited saying it's snowing outside! - then the sleet got thicker and bigger and big fat snow flakes started to fall. Our neighbors in the culdesac came out and the kids had fun tromping in the snow! Our pants and feet were all soaking wet. Of course the snow gear I had from 2 years would have worked (if I didn't just donate it 2 months ago!) Now it is late in the night and my girls are snuggled in bed, I am in front of a blazing fire enjoying the peace and quiet..Oh and our family might ask were is Matt in all this....THE NETHERLANDS - for work.. Lucky him! Enjoy the slide show

3 comments:

Erickson's said...

p.s.
I totally remember that snow 4 years ago-it was Christmas Eve right?

April said...

Yeah it was!!! I remember we were with my grandparents and coming back from Baytown eating dinner..The girls were soo excited but Sophia to this day does not remember! The girls had a blast we had to change clothes about 3 times last night!! Were are our snow clothes - that is what Sophia keeps demanding!

Clingers said...

That is so great you guys. We actually just got a little snow ourselves on monday. But is weekend we will finally start to fill like we live in the north. Because of you we will try and be mor greatful for the snow and cool weather.