Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Special Girl

It has been awhile since I last posted and in the mean time has been a whirl wind here in our part of the world. We celebrated the baptism of Michaela on November 8, 2008. Matt's sister Kathryn and her huband Jim and family came down from Justin, Texas. (outside of Dallas area). We had a great turn out for this special day. My mom and dad, grandparents, aunts, an uncle, my friend Brandi and her kids, and some of our church family! I think we probably ended up with over 40? I lost count and did not have enough chairs! Well this blog is dedicated to Michaela Ann Clinger. The song I have playing is dedicated especially for her, it describes a little girl in a hurry to grow up and explore the world. And that is DEFINATELY Michaela! Always wanting to get ahead of her self without slowing down. We constantly tell her enjoy life now it is the best time of your life. For those friends that do not know her story of how she came to us let me explain.. Michaela had a stroke when she was born. She does suffer from slight cerebral palsy. She has limited use of her left hand and a slight limp on her left leg. This is think in the long run has made her stubborn and resistant to help on physical things (most time). My fingers can not count the number of testings this little girl has gone through before the age of 2. All in all she is doing great and is very special to us.. I love this little girl with all my heart. We go round and round on many occassions because she is stubborn and so am I. Emotionally she develops slightly slower than others again ONLY because I think she is soooo ready to just jump ahead of things with both feet and not think first (AGAIN another trait of mine) Hmmm..I guess she is also a momma's girl too..(shhh don't tell her that). I have to say I am so grateful and thankful to Matt's family for coming out to share and participate in our special day. I am proud of Michaela for choosing to be baptized and to take on the responsibilities Heavenly Father asked of us. It was very emotional for all of us. I had many people tell me that was one of the best baptism's they have been to.. As the songs says I feel my saviors love. Think we all truly did. We had my beautiful friends sing one of our favorite songs. Lovely Sister Bebee made the most delicious hummingbird cake along with my Aunt Jeanette making a superb chocolate cake. It went by so fast I wish I had a video taping to watch and cherish forever. Thanks to everyone that came and participated on Michaela's day! Below are pictures of that day along with other snap shots taken through out our days this past year.

5 comments:

Nathaniel and Julie Clinger said...

We wish we could have been there to support you all on this special day. We were thinking of you and are glad that the day was a great one. Jaicee was Dorthy for Halloween as well, that is too much fun. It is amazing how much your beautiful have grown. They are getting so big and prettier each day. We send our love!

Golfersfamily said...

I loved being at the baptism. It really was spiritual. Michaela is such a sweet, stubborn girl, but I think that will be a quality that will help her out alot as she grows up. I can just picture her standing up for her values! What a little lady she is becoming!

Erickson's said...

YAY! It FINALLY happened (stinkin' weather:) Sounds like it was worth the wait.Maybe waiting made it that much more memorable for her.
Tell Michaela CONGRATULATIONS from us. I'd have to agree that she is probably a lot like her mommy, my child that i butt heads with the most is just like me;) you know who I mean?
talk to ya soon!
amy

Kathryn said...

What a beautiful blog post you have dedicated to Michaela. I was tearing up. She is so beautiful! Tell her that her Auntie Kathryn loves her. Thanks for inviting us to share that special with you. Miss you guys and we'll have to get together again soon. Love you all!
Kathryn

Mechelle said...

We wish that we could have been there! What a special day for her and for your family! We love you guys and what a special little girl she is!