Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Anyone?

Well, finally thanks to my neighbor Brandi I got into the Halloween spirit. I usually just use traditional fall decorations, but now have added carved pumpkins! Last night my neighbor invited us to carve pumpkins with them. I got to use the carving tools (I never thought they really worked) and it came with a cool carving detail book. Sophia wanted me to carve her a "kitty kat" and Michaela is still not too sure what she wanted. So as I sat with all the kids and carved until my heart was content. It was soo much fun! Don't get me wrong I have carved plenty of pumpkins in my time, but not with a intricate pattern to use. So here is the picture of the cat one. Michaela really tried to carve her own this year and ended up asking me to finish it. I tried to finish that poor thing was so mangled on one side, I turned it around and carved out the other side with ghost! At about 1:30am, (I wanted to surprise her in the morning) and finished it out. Ah the dedication of mothers seeking their childrens happiness! So here is the completed ghost pumpkin. Of course it would not be our house with out a little mishap..As I was taking these pictures, Sophia's pumpkin BROKE! YIKESSSS..So it is 12:30 at night and I finished the 2ND KITTY pumpkin it actually turned out better than the first! Well, we will off to school parties and our Halloween hayride while we are trick or treating! Pictues coming soon

3 comments:

Erickson's said...

HOW CUTE!
I've always wanted to try the tricky pumpkins but i don't think i have the patience!
What a good mom you are!
Amy

Mechelle said...

Great pumpkins! We carved ours last night! Gabe wasn't really sure about it- I love the alligator story too! Happy Halloween!

geraldandmeganlove said...

Wow!! You really get into your pumpkin carving. Maybe next year you can come over and do a couple for me ;)
Love the girls costumes.