Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lights On Finally!

Here we are day 12 from Hurricane Ike. Finally we have POWER! What a sweet feeling! I have come to realize the little easy things we take for granted! A hot shower. Our house is fully powered by electric and our hot water heater therfore did not work. Matt, finally decided that we could give it a try with our generator.(We had it connected straight into the circuit box. So we flipped everything off for about 30 minutes and voila' hot shower! I think I fell in love with my husband all over again!(haha) But about 4pm today we had power, and wouldn't you know I STILL cooked on the barbeque pit. I do NOT know how those brave, strong amazing pioneer women did it? Working all day and tending children and home with no air, and ready hot water. Me and the girls returned home this past Saturday afternoon. It looked like a bomb went off in our neighborhood. About every 3rd house had a tree that went through the roof. Power lines and fences down. I took a few pictures of this and of our time in Dallas I will post at a later time.

2 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

I"m so glad to be home with power!

Mechelle said...

That is so good that you finally have power again! I know- we do really take things for granted! Glad you are all still safe!